Note: Change in Schedule Explore the intersection of mindfulness, eating behaviors and our relationship to food. Learn about the physical, emotional, and environmental factors that can influence food decisions and eating patterns by exploring the seven types of hunger with the goal of increasing our awareness and learning how we can use mindfulness to help us establish a new, more balanced relationship with food. In addition, learn the science behind willpower and learn strategies for increasing self-regulation and resisting temptation. Finally, we will focus on how food impacts our body and how to make tiny, yet powerful, tweaks to our diet that can increase our overall well-being. Makeup class, if needed, 02/26/20.
A dynamic, full-body workout suitable for all fitness levels that simultaneously combines stretching and strengthening while engaging all 650 muscles. This class will increase flexibility and mobility for a healthy, toned body. The workout leaves you feeling energized and healthy. No class on 02/16/20 or 02/23/20.
This introductory course covers the basic information to safely use medical herbs for better health. You will:
Identify herb categories/uses;
- Define differences between medicinal herbs/homeopathy/essential oils/flower remedies;
- Develop six materia medica of herbs - identifying category, actions, biochemical constituents, delivery method and dosing;
- Learn how to make medicinal tea, extract, capsules; and
- Receive reliable sources for education and acquisition of medicinal herbs.
Have fun and gain insight into the time tested art/science of herbology! No class 02/17/20; Makeup class (if needed) 04/06/20.
This introductory course offers the basic information for understanding and using homeopathic remedies for health. You will:
- Identify homeopathic categories;
- Define differences between homeopathics/herbs/essential oils/flower remedies;
- Develop six materia medica, identifying key notes, category and delivery method; and
- Receive reliable sources for education and acquisition of homeopathic remedies.
Have fun and gain insight into a 200 year old system of medicine and health that was primarily practiced in the US in the 1900s and prominent today throughout the world. No class 02/19/20; makeup class (if needed) 04/01/20.
Overall health and independence are important for everyone of all ages. In this class, we focus on three main components:
- Increasing your MOBILITY;
- Improving your STABILITY; and
- Gaining STRENGTH
all while learning functional movements that enrich everyday life. Be challenged and have fun in a peer supported environment with an excellent, seasoned coaching staff. Everything you need to know for each class is taught, discussed and practiced with the watchful eye of your coaches. Join your peers at CrossFit Breakwater and make 2020 a health-changing year! Instructors: Amy Dalrymple Boles & Missy Gaston