Archive: January 2017
Weather/Emergency Cancellations Protocols and Procedures:
Ellsworth Adult Education staff and faculty want to ensure that all students remain safe in inclement weather. We would love to be able to contact each and every one of you when our classes, meetings and appointments are cancelled, but recognize this isn't always realistic.
I've answered a brief Q & A below...hopefully it will address most questions...if not feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org and/or call 207.664.7110 for more information.
--Annie Sargent, Adult Education Director, Ellsworth School District
When are Ellsworth Adult Education classes, meetings and appointments are cancelled?
Since Ellsworth Adult Education is a department of Ellsworth School District our closures match the closures of Ellsworth Schools.
- If Ellsworth schools are cancelled for the day because of weather, adult education daytime and evening classes are cancelled.
- If Ellsworth schools have early dismissal then all classes start at 12 noon or later are cancelled.
- If Ellsworth after school activities are cancelled all classes starting at 2:30pm or later are cancelled.
- If the whether forecast suggests deterioration of conditions during evening hours then classes starting at 4pm or later will be cancelled. This decision is made by 2pm.
How can you find out that classes, meetings and appointments are cancelled?
- Check the Ellsworth School District website www.ellsworthschools.org;
- Check the Ellsworth Adult Education website www.ellsworth.maineadulted.org;
- Check the Ellsworth Adult Education Facebook page;
- Look for announcements on WLBZ TV 2 and WABI TV 5 TV stations;
- Subscribe to the WLBS text alert service. Local TV stations are now offering text alert services for late breaking news, severe weather and school closings. If you sign up for the text alerts you will find out immediately that schools are closed. Sign up is fast and easy. For WLBZ go to: http://archive.wlbz2.com/weather/resources/text_alert/ There are other options, too!
- Call Ellsworth Adult Education at 664.7110. If no one answers after 9am, then it's likely that our classes are cancelled. Certainly if if you try a couple of times, then it's very likely the office is closed. Our director can often check messages left on the general mailbox and can sometimes return your call remotely.
When will 'make up' classes be held?
One make up date is posted in the catalog description of each Ellsworth Adult Education enrichment class. If additional make up dates are required, the dates will be announced at the next class meeting. If you have questions about make up dates, don't hesitate to contact Ellsworth Adult Education at email@example.com or 207.664.7110.
If you have questions about the protocols and procedures, don't hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 207.664.7110.
by Annie Sargent
on January 24, 2017