Adult High School Diploma
Our diploma program gives you the option to take up where you left off in school. The core diploma courses are available Tuesdays and Thursdays during the school year. These courses are scheduled in six 5-week blocks. Taking advantage of this option you can earn several credits in one year.
What does the program look like?
- Classes meet two days a week
- Credit for out of out-of-school activities
- Opportunity to demonstrate competency for some credits
- Graduation Ceremony
- Educational and career advising
What credits do I need?
English, 4 credits
Math, 3 credits
Science, 2 credits
US History, 1 credit
Civics, 1 credit
Computers, 1 credit
Fine Arts, 1 credit
Health & Fitness, 1.5 credits
Career Pathway, 1/2 credit
Electives, 5 credits
How do I earn my credits?
- Credits earned from former high schools or other educational institutions are transferred.
- Adult Education course offerings— academic, workforce and enrichment.
- Out-of-School credits can be awarded for job training and other educational experiences as approved by the director (community courses, work related training, volunteer experiences)
- Work experience One credit awarded for 2 years work experience in one occupation (2,500 hour min), two credits for five years of work experience in no more than two occupations (5,500 hour min.)
- Correspondence School Credits for approved correspondence schools (2-credit limit.)
- Military Service One credit awarded for two successive years of military service or six years of service in National Guard Reserves.Community Service One credit awarded for 45 hours of community service with a non-profit organization approved in advance by the director.